Louis Seaman and his friend, Joseph Polacek, Perth Amboy, NJ.

Louis Seaman and his friend, Joseph Polacek, Perth Amboy, NJ.
I took this photo of my uncle Joe and his friend Louie with a Holga.

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Two Photos from NYC





The first picture was taken into the window at International Center for Photography, where Elliot Erwitt has a terrific show of over 100 images. He's always been one of my favorite photographers and is one of the few truly funny photographers out there.

Also at ICP is an exhibit about Ruth Gruber. She was a terrific photographer in my opinion, whose work has not been acknowledged until now.

The second picture above was taken on West 43rd Street as I was walking toward Times Square. Both were taken with my iPhone.

In the morning I went to MOMA and one of the exhibits I saw was Boris Mikhailov's exhibit, "Case History." I'm still trying to figure out what I was looking at. I'm planning on writing more about his work here in the future but for now here's a link to a review of the show in the Times.

Dinner at Ayurveda Cafe on Amsterdam at 94th. There's no menu, they prepare a different meal every day and that's what you get. You can also ask for seconds as many times as you want.






No comments: