Louis Seaman and his friend, Joseph Polacek, Perth Amboy, NJ.

Louis Seaman and his friend, Joseph Polacek, Perth Amboy, NJ.
I took this photo of my uncle Joe and his friend Louie with a Holga.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

My New Story Available Online

Punchdrunk, my new boxing story is now available for download at Smashwords.com. It's free, and has also gone into distribution on Barnes and Noble, Kindle Store, Apple I-bookstore, and a number of other sites. If you have any kind of electronic reading device, check where you usually order e-books.

I really like the way the cover by Anja Gudic turned out. Anja is a former student of mine and now enrolled at Moore College of Art in Philadelphia, where she is studying to be an illustrator. As you can see, she has great talent. I hope to work with her again.

Punchdrunk is the story of once-brilliant welterweight contender, Johnny Mullane, who has just gotten out of rehab. Johnny is considering making one more run at the title and he takes a bout on short notice to see what's left of his skills. The narrative takes place inside his head throughout the course of a six round undercard match against a much-younger Mexican fighter. His young opponent is an unskilled-but-tough slugger, for whom Mullane develops a strange fondness throughout the course of the brutal fight.

Oh, I forgot to mention: Johnny also has a PdD in Literature. He can hook off the jab with either hand and recite Shakespeare while backpedaling from an opponent. He just can't stop drinking.

I wrote and published Punchdrunk in one month -- taking a break from working on the Zorki Chronicles after completing rewrite number 5 just after Christmas. This week I entered the manuscript in the Amazon.com Breakthrough Novel Contest. The first "cut" is at the end of February.

In the meantime I'm working on another story and would like to publish three on Smashwords before going on with the Zorki in late Spring. I'll be previewing excerpts from Zorki on Create Space.com in the meantime.

Here's the link again to my author page on Smashwords. I'd really appreciate it if you would spend a buck to download my story. In fact, I'll buy you a cup of coffee the next time I see you. And if you like it, please consider posting a short review.

Also, if you're on Facebook, would you please post the link to my Smashwords author page and send it out to all of your friends? Thanks!

No comments: